Appointments are available Tuesday mornings from 9.30 to 12.00 am.
If, however, you need to be seen on another day or at another time, we can normally accommodate this. We also offer evening, Saturday morning and telephone consultations. For our fee structure please click here.
We’re here, whether you’re unwell, or you want to discuss your long-term health. And we’re here when you just want to talk – maybe you need a second opinion, or a different perspective from your normal GP.
So this is our promise: we’ll help you deal with any immediate medical concerns; we’ll help you take steps to ensure your ongoing health. Our aim is to help you take control of your health and wellbeing.
NO NEED FOR REFERRALS
You can book a GP Consultation (and any of our other services) without a referral from your own doctor. There are various reasons people use a private GP: You may be looking for:
- a second opinion or different perspective.
- a longer consultation; we offer consultations from 15 minutes up to 1 hour.
- more detailed testing than is normally available through the NHS, such as more specific tests for recurrent infections, comprehensive stool analysis for digestive/ bowel problems, detailed and informative fertility blood tests.
- services such as breast examinations and Pap smear tests that you may not be able to access on the NHS.
- treatment if you're not eligible for NHS services
HOW WE WORK WITH THE NHS
We will happily work with your NHS GP to reach a diagnosis and devise the right treatment plan for you. By coming to see us you are not 'opting out' of the NHS; a private GP service sits happily alongside services provided by the NHS.
If, however, you wish us to consult us independently, that's also fine.
What length of appointment do I need?
If you have a simple problem a 15 minute appointment may be sufficient.
Otherwise, your initial appointment will usually take about 30 minutes. This gives us enough time to take your medical history, listen to your concerns, address more than one problem, perform an examination and order any necessary tests for you.
If you have a more complex problem, or several issues that you’d like to discuss, then we’d probably recommend a longer appointment. That way, you can be sure that you’ll get the time your issues deserve.
Follow up appointments are usually 15 or 30 minutes. We can advise, at the time of your appointment, how long your next one should be.
Of course, if you feel you'd like a longer appointment, for whatever reason, the length of your appointment is your choice.
Focus Medical Clinic offers a a range of services:
- Consultations for health problems such as UTI's,bacterial vaginosis, thrush, Women's Health, Family Planning, Fertility Counselling Gastrointestinal problems, Ear, Nose and Throat, Mental Wellbeing, and any other health concerns.
- Vaccinations including Hep B, HPV, Shingles and travel vaccines
- Immediate onward specialist consultant referrals
- Prescriptions (On-site pharmacy)
- Further investigations such as blood tests, ECG, X-rays, ultrasound and MRI scans etc
- Detailed testing not routinely available via the NHS including tests for chronic bacterial infections, digestive problems, parasitic infections, detailed fertility profiling.
- Medicals and Health Assessments (Women's Health Checks, Men's Health Checks and Sexual Health)
- Referral to counselling services, anxiety management, hynotherapy, physiotherapy, etc
Whether you're popping in for a one-off appointment, or you're going to be seeing us more regularly, you can expect courtesy, understanding and the time needed to focus on your problem.